FIQ111 Fiqh of Worship 1 (Purification & Prayer)
This course focuses on the basic rules of purification and prayers that every Muslim must learn for the correctness of his/her Ibadah (worship) and the reflection of Purification. This include Wudu (ablution), Tayammum (dry ablution), rules of sexual impurity, Ghusl (washing the whole body), rules of funeral,..etc.
Course Code: FIQ111
Credit hours: 3
- Students will be able to state general and specific concepts of Ibadah (Worship), and its relationship with the whole system of Islam.
- Students will be able to write down the Fiqh rulings regarding Taharah (Purification), such as its conditions, the kinds of water used, Najasaat (Impurities), Istinja’ (Cleaning after going to the bathroom), purifying the body and clothes, Salah (prayer), and the different kinds of blood: Haidh (Menstruation), Istihadah (irregular bleeding) and Nifaas (Post-Childbirth Bleeding)
- Students will be able to summarize in their own words, the goals of Taharah and Salah in relation to the individual, the family, and the Ummah.
- At-Taharah (Purification) : This includes the ruling on purification, its division, its conditions Kind of water used, Najasaat (Impurities), Istinja’ (Cleaning after going to the bathroom), purifying the body and clothes, Haidh (Menstruation), and Nifaas (Post-Childbirth Bleeding)..etc.
- Wudhu (Ablution): This includes the obligatory parts of the ablution, the Sunnah acts of the ablution, nullification of ablution, Wiping over the socks, al-Ghusl (Body wash), and Tayammum (Dry ablution)..etc.
- Salah (Prayer): This includes Adhan (Call to prayer), ruling about Salah, its condition, its Arkaan (Obligatory acts of the prayer), the Sunnah acts of the prayer, Witr prayer, the late night prayer, the special prayer ( Taraweih, Istikharah, Istisqa and Kasuf), Juma’h prayer (Friday prayer), Salatul Jama’ah (Congregational prayer), and Salatul ‘Idain (EID Prayer)..etc.
A Summary of Jurisprudence
Additional on-line Readings:
The links below are provided as a convenience for the students; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Al-Huda University of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Al-Huda University has no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Participation: 40% (10 assignments, 4% each)
- Oral exam: 20%
- Mid-Term exam: 10%
- Research paper: 20%
- Final exam: 10%
Guidelines for Research Paper:
As part of the course, you are required to submit a research paper. The topic chosen must be relevant to the course and approved by the Instructor.The paper must meet the following requirements:
- At least ten (10) double-spaced pages (not including the introduction and conclusion)
- 1 inch margins
- 12 pt size (Times New Roman)
- Follow the standard research paper structure with a Table of Contents, Abstract or Executive Summary, Introduction, Main Body, Conclusion, List of Reference
- The Main Body should be organized into logical chapters and paragraphs
- When quoting Hadith, a notation indicating its authenticity must be clearly
- Post all your questions related to the course to the (Online Test) forum.
- If sending emails directly to the lecturer, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Lecturer to within specified office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Weekly materials and graded assignments will be posted onto the site by Monday – in sha Allah.